The Crouching Statue

“London is a city that has reinvented itself upon the remains of the past.” Leo Hollis, London Rising:The Men Who Made Modern London

Visiting the British Library, I was greeted by this crouching statue of Isaac Newton over the piazza. This has been part of the library since it opened its doors in St Pancras in 1997.

This large statue of Newton was made by Sir Eduardo Paolozzi in 1995.

This is for Xingfumama’s Pull Up a Seat Challenge- The Crouching Statue

The entry to the British Library has this beautiful architectural detail.

one of my favorites cities is London! 🙂 🙂

1. TCast says:

So many things to do, but then again because it is so big! Thanks for stopping by Wilma.💙

2. Debbie Smyth says:

I love the Library – a great place to study or simply sit. It was a huge contrast to its old home in the British Museum but it has grown on me now 🙂

1. TCast says:

Is it beautiful inside? I didn’t get the chance to go in. Just on the grounds.

3. XingfuMama says:

Great sculpture.

1. TCast says:

Thanks 😊

4. I loved this sculpture and the entrance so much as well. 🙂 Just lovely.

1. TCast says:

Thanks. Can I ask you a favour, Manja? With this new site of mine, which blog, aside from the streetart, are the photos too small. Because I am just using an ipad and it seems alright on this size.

1. Here are the posts with too small photos: Neal’s Yard Windows, Regal Gates, The Crouching Statue, Soaking wet (the last photo is showed big but its resolution is not good enough for it), Fog (here photos are small but lovely), Doors in Katoomba. If I could choose, I’d love to see them all as they are in your last post Reflection. 🙂 There they are bigger and beautiful.

1. TCast says: