“Thank you for being an important part of my story.” – Anonymous
The Liebster Award is an award aimed at recognising new bloggers to help create connection in the blogging community.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post
Yay, I was nominated by Lisa, of Lisa on the beach. Took me a long time to finish this phew 😅 but I did it.
Lisa’s blog is about many things… book reviews, food recipes, health, travel and lots of amazing photos. You will also enjoy viewing her entries to various challenges so it is really worth the visit.
11 Questions I was asked by Lisa:
1. What are you passionate about?
Passion is a very strong word. To say that my passion is photography may not be 100% true. But all I know is that I love taking photos, I have my camera with me everywhere I go, and I get excited looking at beautiful photography.
2. What drives you nuts?
Road rage drivers.
3. What is your favorite location and why?
I love Prague from the very first moment I stepped on its cobblestone streets in 2018. I have this feeling that I get everytime I think about the time I was there and it doesn’t seem to go away. My love for Prague will forever be in my heart.
4. What would you like to learn, if you could?
I would like to learn a new language. I have started learning the Portuguese language online but I get bored easily.
5. Where would you like to go if there was nothing restricting you?
I would love to go to Hallstatt, that is my dream place. It is beautiful any season of the year, as you can see in these Instagram posts (credit to the owners)
6. What would you change about yourself if you could?
I am an artist by profession before I moved to Australia but haven’t done any artwork ever since the great move. I hope to find the drive to do it again one day.
7. What do you love about yourself?
I love that I am a very caring, sensitive and loving person.
8. What makes you happy?
Nature makes me happy. Just sitting and admiring God’s creation is enough to make my day.
Streetart also makes me happy.
9. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
When I had a stroke three years ago, it affected my brain and I lost a bit of my memory. Up to now, I am having difficulty in remembering some words and the continuity of my sentences are not perfect. With this blog, I am able to practice my writing skills and at the same time share my experience through my photos..
I love waking up and thinking…uhmmm what am I gonna share today? And as you will notice I always post about my travels and my family (and how I miss my kids) and my friends. They are the ones that’s most important to me.
10. What is a happy memory for you?
The last time that my son visited Melbourne (he now lives in London) and the whole family had a few days away. I get happy misty eyed every time I think about it. It was October of 2018.
11. What do you do that brings you calm?
I stop and take three deep breaths and that easily calms me down both physically and mentally.
Another thing that I do is being mindful of what is happening around me. I focus on that very moment, like the chirping of the birds, the whispering of the wind or the rustling of the leaves.
11 Facts About Myself
1. I am tiny, I am barely 5 foot tall
2. I have two sisters who are both in the Philippines.
3. I prefer the mountains over the beach anytime.
4. I have just a few close friends whom I have known since the time we moved to Australia in 1991 from the Philippines and they are like family to me.
5. I have 2 grown up kids, Patricia who is 26 and Tim who is turning 30 this year.
6. I love watching Filipino tele novelas.
7. Travelling is always on my mind, wanderlust I should say.
8. I have been happily married to Jack for 31 years this year.
9. I used to not love baking but “Isolation” changed my view. I now love to bake and knead bread. (Just too afraid that I might eat everything that I baked)
10. I had a stroke in 2017.
11. I love the colour purple.
My Nominees Are (not in any order):
These are some of the blogs that I follow: If you want to do this, I would gladly read all your answers. Have fun! 😊
1. Lily’s Blog is about singing praise to the Creator by way of highlighting His creation through her photos. – https://thankfulbylily.wordpress.com/about/
2. Lisa Coleman’s blog is about her favourite activities that she does together with her husband Frank. https://oureyesopen.blog/about-us/
3. Walking the Wombat talks about her moving to Australia and shows us her wonderful photography. https://wakingthewombat.com/about/
4. Xingfumama’s Blog posts about little bits of this and that from her home town in Seattle as well as her travels. She is the person behind the Pull Up a Seat Challenges published on Thursdays. https://xingfumama.blog/about/
5. Lookoom’s blog has an English translation. Features great photography and where to go for your travels. https://lookoome.home.blog/
11 Questions for My Nominees (should you wish to accept):
1. How did you pick your blog’s name?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. What are the top 3 in your bucket list?
4. If you can go back to a country that you’ve been to, which is it and why?
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
6. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Were you able to do it?
7. What is the first thing you’d do if you won a lottery?
8. What is your go-to attire at home?
9. What is your favourite activity?
10.Has COVID 19 lockdown made you write more on your blog?
11.What are you thankful for?
Thank you for taking the time to read this and for following my blog. Thank you for all your comments… all the likes… our happy interactions… your friendly advise to make my blog better…