Summer is Time for….

“If summer had one defining scent, it’d definitely be the smell of barbecue.”- Katie Lee

Just think of Melbourne weather as the opposite of the majority of the world. Summer is December to February and that means Father Christmas is wearing floral shorts.

This is for amy’s Lens Artist Photo Challenge- Summer

Summer is the time for Street Parties…

And street markets …

It is the time for Pool Parties…

It is a time for Barbecues…

Summer is the best time for fishing …

Warm weather, as long as it is not too hot (or else it would be bushfire time) is good to visit the mountains…

Summertime is also a good time to plan an interstate holiday…

Summer is time for my fave tropical fruit, mangoes….

And lastly, summer is time for one cold dessert…

1. I can not wait for summer!

I do too. But that’s still a few more months and I just hope Covid is gone by then.

2. chava61 says:

Are those pistachios on that ice cream?

Nope, its sweet rice flakes.

3. Amy says:

I love this happy, fun summer series. Love the street parties, markets, pool parties… and the delicious summer fruits and cool deserts. Thank you for sharing!

Can’t wait for the warmer months, Amy. It’s always freezing on this part of the world.

4. Beautiful photos! I keep forgetting that you are in the middle of winter now 🙂

1. TCast says:

Yes, a cold and wet few days for us here.

fun summer memories! love it! 🙂

Thanks Wi, still a long time to go for summer.

6. Food, festivals, fun. You’ve captured so many great images of summer!

1. TCast says:

Thanks for dropping by. 💚

7. Lisa Coleman says:

Love this whole take on summer! I’m ready for it to be over! Summer in Florida is unbearable and the mosquitos are so bad, it keeps us from hiking. The beach is even too hot to tolerate at the moment because the winds have been blowing in the wrong direction. I suppose if I lived in another place where the temps were milder, I would enjoy it more. Hope to get back to the beach soon if the wind direction changes. 🙂

Oh no, that’s the other side of summer that I don’t like. Here we have bushfires, and that’s what we had last summer before the pandemic and it was in a wide scale. Hope the weather gets better on your side, Lisa.

1. Lisa Coleman says:

I hope you don’t have any of those fires like last year. We will have relief in September. I can’t wait to get back to regular outside time. We aren’t going anywhere inside except to the grocery store. Finally, masks are mandated in our city. So that’s something. 😊

Thanks Lisa. As for me, I choose the shops that are not busy where I can do my shopping. Masks are not required here, but I and my husband wear it just to be safe. Have a good day my dear!

1. Lisa Coleman says:

I main grocer is always packed, but they have things our other stores don’t carry! Then we go to Whole Foods, Sprouts & Native Sun (organic grocers) where its not as busy. We go during the week now too. That helps. We’ve been wearing our masks since the beginning of April and before the mandate, we were the ones who were looked at in a disgusting way. Now everyone has to wear one. Our positive numbers have been over 10K for 4 straight days. Ugh!

We just have to do the right thing for ourselves. We are too old to worry about what other people will say. Be safe Lisa.

1. Lisa Coleman says:

Absolutely! Masks on! We can only do the best we can. 😊

8. In middle east (where we are) summer is burning. Your photographs are lovable. It shows beauty of summer. Lots of love 😍❤️❤️❤️

I know what you are saying since I am from the Philippines. Thanks for your nice comment, Subbashini.

9. Alexandra says:

barbecues? I’m in 😀
    wonderful captures, vibrant and so full of life and summer vibes 🙂 is the photo of the people dancing in the street from some kind of festival?

1. TCast says:

Yes, Alexandra, it’s a festival with music, food and dancing. I am missing those events now!

10. All looking great. From the views to the food delights. 😊

My pleasure to share my love of summer.

11. Leya says:

Feast and summer go well together! Lovely series! And – so glad you brought in the aspect of food – fruits and desserts ♥♥♥

Yummmm would love to have mangoes all hear round. Thanks for stopping by Ann- Christine.

12. JohnRH says:

Oooh. Nice photos. That barbecue shot has me salivating as I sit here thinking of what to have for dinner!

1. TCast says:

Haha you’re funny John. What more if you smell the aroma!

13. Tina Schell says:

Summer is indeed a time for all of those things teresa. Sadly many of them are not in the cards this year. But no one can take away the joy of a delicious ice cream dessert!!

And as I have just heard in the news…it cannot be in the plans for two years.

1. Tina Schell says:

Yikes, I’d not heard that. sigh

They said that if a vaccine is approved now it will still take more than a year to get it going. Praying that this is not true 🤞

14. 2 years is too too long.. 😉