Trash or Treasure?

on
“Nothing always stay the same.
You don’t stay happy forever.
You don’t stay sad forever.” – Cat Zingano

Wearing a mask has just been made mandatory since yesterday here in Melbourne. Cases of Covid-19 has continually gone higher day by day and fatality count has gone up too, mostly among the elderly. I am really feeling the sadness and the anxiety now especially that I haven’t seen my daughter for more than a month now topped with the gloomy winter weather … it kinda feels depressing.

So I have decided to post something that I usually did during happier times. Sunday was catching up and brunch time with my daughter, Pat. Went to Alimentary Smith Street, a quirky cafe in Collingwood, Melbourne. It has exposed brick walls, hanging flowers, with plates, saucers, old wash basins, chairs and rolling pins hanging. Some may say it’s trash …some may say it’s a great find. What do you think?

Some chairs for Xingfumama’s Pull Up a Seat Challenge- Chair on the Wall and for BeckyB’s July Squares- SquarePerspectives – Trash or Treasure

Great photos. Yes it must be so hard for everyone in Victoria. I speak to my 25 yr old son Laurence a few times a week, he has been in Melbourne for two years with his girlfriend. They are really missing Perth. I last saw him in March, hopefully they can get back for at Christmas. Hope you can stay positive 🙂

Thanks for the lovely thought. So your son’s in Australia, whereabouts are you from?

We all are, I’m living in Perth with my husband and I have a daughter who is 28 and lives with her partner and their 2 year old son, my pride and joy and she is having a daughter in September. I am truly blessed. We were in Hong Kong though for 14 years and lived through SARS so I can appreciate how scary things are for you.

That is a bit okey then, at least you’re just in one country. Congrats for having a new grandchild soon. My daughter Pat, is only In another suburb in Melbourne but my son, Tim, is in London. Let’s just for for better things to come our way.Have a good weekend, Alison.

Thanks Teresa ..you too

2. Elizabeth says:

Sorry to hear about the cases going up there, here the same! Masks are mandatory as well! Seems that we will never get rid of this virus! These photos are pretty, really a refreshing for our eyes! Stay safe!

Thanks Elizabeth, goo you like the photos.. We are all trying to be safe and following rules as much as possible. But some individuals are still not doing the right thing. That happens everywhere, I guess.

3. Tom says:

I like the rolling pins, Teresa. Very quirky!
    We have to wear masks here in England in shops from today, transport has been like that for a while. Seems a little late, but there you go… every little helps I suppose. Hope things improve there quickly for you. 🙂

Yes I know, it should’ve been done earlier. But better now than later.

4. this virus just won’t give up. The rolling pins are great, I still use my Grandma’s wood roller, have a good day and stay safe

I use it too for some of my baking now. Thanks for stopping by, Alice.

5. Those walls are lovely and arty.. 😉

Glad you liked it, Lisa.

6. I love this sort of thing, Teresa. Thank you for sharing. We are also not able to go out much at the moment.

So thankful that you like it. I think we are all in the same boat, Roberta.

7. ghostmmnc says:

I do like interesting things to look at when at a restaurant, so these are treasures to me. Love the rolling pins. I have my mom’s wooden one I use all the time. 🙂

True it is an interesting use for rolling pins.

8. by.lily says:

I like how they used them to decorate. So far our province hasn’t made masks mandatory, but Quebec has.. in all indoor public spaces. I hope you see your daughter soon!

I agree that they used it beautifully! Thanks for your nice wishes and stay safe on your side of the world.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting Kathleen.

9. BeckyB says:

what a fabulous and cheerful perspective, you are so right one persons treasure is another’s rubbish.

Do hope they get your numbers under control again soon. Don’t look to us though for advice. England seems to have no idea what it is doing

Thanks for liking it, Becky. Oh, but my son just went to a pub there in London and they are doing well in using sanitisers and social distancing in cubicles. 😣 Stay safe.

1. BeckyB says:

Good that some pubs are being safe 😀 not all are around us 😦 your son chose well!

sorry your numbers are up, Techie. but i like how you turn around and share the fun. these are great finds. how wonderful that these rubbish are used in a more pleasing way. so definitely treasure! thanks! 🙂

Yay, treasure it definitely is. Oo nga Wi, just hoping na umayos na lahat ito soon. The government is doing everything they can.

same here. sa Cali, where our daughter lives, eh back to square one. madami talaga pasaway.
        praying we get back to some kind of normalcy soon. take care, dear friend 🙂 🙂

Take care too, Wilma.

11. Suzanne says:

Love those walls and is the very reason why I enjoy wandering the streets of Melbourne. Very arty.

Hi Suzanne, are you from Melbourne too? Yes, every time I walk around, there’s something new to see. Thanks for the comment.

1. Suzanne says:

No, New Zealand 😊

Oh good on you. New Zealand is in a good position with regards to Covid-19. I am happy for you.

12. XingfuMama says:

Looks like they had real fun doing the walls!

Yes, all over the shop!

1. XingfuMama says:

Love to visit places like that.