The 1st of August

“Families are like fudge – mostly sweet with a few nuts.” – unknown

We say goodbye to the month of July and we say hello to the last month of Winter here in my part of the world.

But more special is, it’s my hubby’s 61st Birthday. It feels sad that we cannot celebrate his special day, but there’s more time for that. The important thing is that we stay safe and be socially distanced.

Tim was supposed to surprise his dad by coming home from London for his birthday…but that didn’t happen, obviously. We usually go out with Patricia for the day going to restaurants and then have coffee and maybe even have a walk together…but that too is not gonna happen.

So here’s what’s happening….. N O T H I N G 😂😂😂😂

1. Mama Cormier says:

Birthdays and other celebrations are certainly different this year. Our 45th wedding anniversary is coming up and so is my birthday. No idea how we’ll celebrate this year.

1. TCast says:

I know, my birthday is coming up too. Oh well, as long as family’s intact and safe and healthy, that’s what’s important right now. Stay safe Mama!

Happy Birthday ..I had a lockdown birthday also and my son was 25 in Melbourne and had a lovely romantic dinner in his apartment with his girlfriend. Going to be so many celebrations next year

Thanks Alison, As they say, celebrating at home is the new norm. We just have to get used to it as I think this situation will be with us for a long time until a vaccine is perfected.

Well I’m hoping for Christmas celebrations with Laurence and Maddy 🌲🎁

🤞 very important to share it with them ❤️

3. You can always bake a cake for 2 and open a bubbly.. 😉

Yes, did that but would love to share the cake with friends… However, I would keep the whole bubbly! Haha

1. hahaha certainly I would do exactly the same.. 😉

4. arlene says:

Happy and blessed birthday to your hubby Techie! Mahirap nga mag celebrate in this time of pandemic.

Matipid pero malungkot. Thanks for the greetings, Arlene!

1. arlene says:

Pwede namang mag enjoy kahit papano.

Oo naman, depende lang sa outlook mo sa buhay. Have a good weekend, Arlene.

happy birthday to your hubby, Techie! bawi na lang next year 🙂 🙂