Missing Someone in These Crazy Times

“Missing someone is your heart’s way of reminding you that you love them.” – unknown

It always makes me smile when Pat sends me photos of her food, her new clothes, her friends eating dinner, etc. This time it is a mural that she saw in one of her walks for exercise in Rose Street in Fitzroy, a suburb of Melbourne.

This Streetart is portraying a common scene in households nowadays. You may be one of the lucky ones to have your whole family staying in one house but for most of us…or you can say for most of the entire world this is a shared sadness. Missing a loved one is very real and it is conveyed in this art form so well… one person in a room all by herself looking at a loved ones photo.

You can definitely feel the anxiety, ‘aloneness’, depression, and sadness but there is also that glimmer of hope by putting living plants in both rooms and with the artist’s use of vibrant, happy colours.

And here is me saying, “I miss you Tim. I miss you Pat.” Hope this will all be over and we can have a one great big family group hug.

1. That mural really sends a message doesn’t it? I am so ready for this all to be over. 🙁

I know, my feelings exactly. Sending virtual hugs to you, Lisa and to everyone reading this. ❤️

2. sami veloso says:

It’s sad and beautiful at the same time. Hope you’re safe and well Theresa, and that soon you can have your family together. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

Yes definitely sad but I see some hope somewhere in there. Stay safe too, Sami.

I know, Tanya. Hoping for it to be over soon.

aww. hugs, long and tight, my dear friend! 🙂 🙂

To you too ❤️

3. I find it interesting, how the mural is colorful in its message of sadness. I hope you get to see and hug your loved ones soon. Well, it is my wish for the world.

I hope so too for all of our sake! Have a good day!

4. Iris Empereur says:

So very true. Haven´t seen my family since like forever and they are but 60km away…

Thanks for stopping by. We just have to think positive.