An Aboriginal Elder in Sydney

“There’s nothing more dangerous than someone who wants to make the world a better place.” – Banksy

With my camera handy and my eyes wide alert, that is my usual self when I travel. So when I happened to see this large mural in the middle of an intersection on our way to the Chinese Gardens …*snap! Then only after, with the help of google, did I find out who she was and who the mural artist was.

She is Jenny Munro, an Aboriginal Elder, in a giant mural by Matt Adnate.

Jenny Munro is a prominent activist for the rights of Indigenous Australians and has fought for the Aboriginal Housing at the Block in Sydney. She was captured amazingly by Adnate, a master of large scale murals. He has a number of murals in Melbourne and Sydney that focuses on the indigenous people of Australia.

Monday Mural

1. It’s certainly a beautiful mural and I applaud the artist as well as the Jenny Munro for her tireless work to help those less fortunate.

beautiful mural!

Yes Wi, exquisite details 👍🏼

I believe that Jenny Munro‘s eyes are looking into the distance with a mountain sunrise painted in her irises. I didn’t notice it when I was there, though.

3. Iris Empereur says:

Resignation….

4. sami veloso says:

I remember seeing this mural too Teresa, on one of my visits to Sydney, it’s quite beautiful.
    The artist Matt Adnate has painted some beautiful murals all over Australia.
    Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

Yes, Sami, it is in quite an open spaced area so hard to miss. My pleasure to participate.