Having Perfect Symmetry

“Somehow from being perfect halves of a symmetry, we become asymmetrical.” – unknown

What is symmetry? Something is symmetrical when it is the same on both sides. A shape has symmetry if a central dividing line (a mirror line) can be drawn on it, to show that both sides of the shape are exactly the same. – google

Some places that has symmetrical architecture: the Gare du Nord Train Station in Paris, the Charles Bridge in Prague, The Palace of Versailles in Paris, The Fisherman’s Bastion in Budapest, the National Gallery of London…and that’s me amidst the street art of Melbourne.

Lens Artist Photo Challenge

Please click photos to enlarge

Symmetry in nature: the reflection in a lake in Laguna, Philippines, a flower from one of my walks near my home, two ducks swimming away from the other ducks in the pond and lastly a walkway in a park in London.

1. pattimoed says:

Hi, Teresa. I really like how you divided your images into architecture and nature. Beautiful examples of both nature and architecture. I love that image of you in Melbourne. It brings back great memories, too.

Thanks so much Patti. Greatly appreciate your wonderful comment. Yea, I miss Melbourne too since I haven’t been to the CBD for a few months already. But situations here are getting better and hopefully soon we can go out and about again. Be safe.

1. pattimoed says:

I hope so, Teresa. I heard things were tough in Victoria for a while.

Yes, looking better and better each day.

2. JohnRH says:

Excellent examples. Love the train station. Symmetrical!

Thanks John🙏🏻

3. Such beauty in the art of walls and architecture!

Yes, amazing they are. Thanks for commenting Kathleen.

4. Tina Schell says:

Teresa, your architectural images are so wonderful, I love the symmetry of nature as well but the architecture is anazing

That is what is amazing about travelling!

beautiful gallery of perfect symmetry, T! gorgeous photographs as always 🙂 🙂

Thanks Wi. Missing these wonderful places.

6. DrJunieper says:

Saw your blog at Thurs. Doors. Can see you love traveling! It’s a great and addictive thing, but it widens our horizon immensely:)

Thanks Dr and yes I definitely love travelling, if only we could nowadays!

1. DrJunieper says:

Teresa, later I remembered, you had a blog with your hubby, called TravelTech or Cast or something like that?
        Yes, travel, if we could have traveled, I would now live in Holland, not Texas, lol!

Yes, that is correct but my previous blog filled up easily because my photos were so big and I was just starting so I didn’t know any better. Now I know. Holland is a great idea Dr. https://travel-with-tech.blog/