Yes, Melbourne is still in lockdown

“You couldn’t do this and you couldn’t do that, but life went on.” – Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl

For Debbie’s Six Word Saturday and sorry if my title is sort of similar to yours.

It has been 37 days of Lockdown for us…and that is only for Lockdown 6.0 … not counting the 5 other lockdowns that we had. I believe that we are the city that had the most lockdowns as compared to the whole world. Oh dear?.. but the good news is Regional Victoria has eased down its restrictions but not for us in Metro Melbourne.

So continue on with my days with the swans.

Feeling your pain Teresa 😞

Oh well…that is life. It will only get better just don’t know when.

It will be so good

2. maristravels says:

I’ve grown to just accept the lockdowns now and to thinking that travel and visiting friends in far-off places may be a thing of the past. Sad, bur essential if one is to survive with some sanity.

I know. Acceptance is the key. I am taking it one day at a time and being thankful for the good things happening in spite of. Thanks Maris.

3. Toonsarah says:

I feel for you 🤗

Thanks Sarah, I know it will be better soon.

4. Dora says:

So sorry, Teresa. We’ll enjoy the swans with you in spirit and through your brilliant photography. At some point they’ll have to admit lockdowns are not the answer, not scientifically anyway, whatever it means to them politically.

I am accepting it now and I know what their reasons are. I just want to hug my daughter and see my friends… hopefully soon!

so sorry, Techie. i’m glad that you still have your daily walks and the swans are lovely. love their bright red beaks!

Thanks, that is what is keeping me sane. Love my feathered friends.

6. I am so sorry Teresa, and I guess I don’t understand why you are still in lockdown. I can’t even imagine. But so grateful you have outdoors and nature. Nature has a way of calming. Such a lovely photo 💚

Well I understand why, Lisa. They didn’t get vaccination going until it was too late. That’s why all this is happening. Well…definitely thanks to the wonderful world around me. Thanks for the comment My friend.

1. Oh, I did not know that. Thank you for sharing, and I hope soon you can venture further out!

I hope so too. I am positive that we can do this, thanks Lisa.

1. Attitude is everything!!

7. Love the shot but sorry about lockdown. I’ve been reading about it and Australia’s really coming down hard, maybe harder than necessary.

janet

I guess it is because of the Delta strain that is becoming uncontrollable and the lack of vaccine available. We will get there. It is just a bit scary.

Thanks Janet for liking the photo.

8. Nagiging medyo matagal na ang mga lockdown ninyo…dito halos back to normal lahat pero lagi may rumors na maaaring bumalik ang mga restrictions

We will see how we go when we reach the percentage of vaccines administered. Sana bumalik na parang dati. Ingat lagi Eduardo!

Ikaw din, kaibigan 👍🏼

9. eklastic says:

I’m sending a virtual hug, Teresa. I hope we will see the end of this #5&$!! virus one of these days, rather sooner than later. The swans seem to look incredulously at the shenanigans of us humans. The beaks are interesting!

Thanks for the hugs…i needed that. Yup, the beaks are so red ❤️

10. We are too, gone to level 2 from today!

So what is level 2? Is that an improvement or is it getting worse?

1. It is an improvement. More people allow to attend meetings or gatherings. Curfew hours less. Still wearing masks