Things to see in Melbourne

“Wherever you are – be all there.”— Jim Elliot

First stop, as I always do, is visit Hosier Lane. This is the spot that has street art that changes very often…sometimes even just in a week’s time, murals are already painted over.

Please click to enlarge image.

Doors can also be found amidst all the graffitis.

And doors of churches and halls.

Walked around and saw some beautiful flowers.

Went to Chinatown

Had a small lunch at Tim Ho Wan

And continued on our walk seeing more public art.

This work is called Mo Libre ‘Creole for”Be You”’ by a Melbourne/Naarm based fashion designer Erik Yvon and Collaborators and can be seen in the Metro Tunnel

We then proceeded to watch the Light Works exhibit in ACMI – Australian Centre for the Moving Image). Located in the heart of Melbourne’s Fed Square which was our main reason why we went to the city.

And yes that is me and my shadow!

Had a bit of a rest (after walking through 4 gallery rooms) on the comfortable sitting area outside.

And then before going home, had a hearty dinner plus dessert at our favourite Ginger Olive Restaurant.

Dan’s Thursday Doors Challenge

Xingfumama’s Pull Up a Seat Challenge

Marsha’s Photographing Public Art Challenge

Jo’s Monday Walk

1. Dan Antion says:

Lovely photos, Teresa. It looks like you had a great time (and ate well). I am always amazed by the street are. I never would have guessed that it changes so often.

Thanks Dan. In this sprcific street it changes as it is I think free for all to express their art here.

Wonderful walk through Melbourne Teresa 🙂

3. restlessjo says:

You do get around, Teresa. I can’t believe how rapidly that street art changes. Thanks for the link up and have a fantastic week!

In all other places the murals stay around for ages… but not in this particular laneway. Thanks Jo ❤️

4. Natalie says:

Looks like you had a fun walk with plenty of art to see and good food, too. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Thanks Natalie! Always a joy to read your blogs too!

5. Marsha says:

Teresa, you know how much I love Hosier Lane and it is totally different than when I saw it. You could almost write a book documenting all the different art that has been “published” there. This is another fun post.

I have thousands of photos from there 😂😂😂

1. Marsha says:

I smell a great coffee table book in the making, Teresa!)

Oh dear…we shall see about that! 😂😂😂

6. I love this colorful and interesting post romping around Melbourne. I especially like the street art, though the doors and flowers are amazing too. Also, now I’m in the mood for some good Chinese food. 🙂

Haha that last one is the best! Nothing beats a good Chinese food!

7. Wow, you had quite a busy day! Those are some serious wall art! And love the colourful flowers (almost as much as your dinner) 😄.

Glad you liked my walk and my dinner! Thanks for stopping by.